Please read all sections. Knowing this rider information in advance will greatly enhance your enjoyment and the smooth running of the event. Thank you!
Our prime concern is for the safety and well-being of all participants in the ride.
We apply a "NO HELMET, NO RIDE" policy - all riders will be turned back at the start if they are not correctly wearing a proper cycle helmet.
16-mile and 25 - mile rides - it is strongly recommended that children under 10 be attached to the adult's bicycle, e.g. bike seat or tagalong, as there are some steep hills and it's a long way! It is solely the responsibility of the named adult rider to decide whether children are sufficiently competent and fit enough to complete the ride.
50-mile ride - this is a testing ride and not recommended for children under the age of 16.
75-mile sportive - this is a challenging ride and should only be attempted by riders confident of completing the distance in the time available.
Before the Ride
Make sure your bike is roadworthy, safe and serviceable.
On the Day of the Ride
From 07.30 am
If you're driving please use one of the car parks shown on the map below. Parking is free on Sundays.
The car parks closest to the Castle Street start area are:
Central car park (1 on the map)
South Street car park (2)
Waggon Yard car park (5)
Upper Hart car park (6)
- Please check-in on arrival at Castle Street (centre of the map) and collect your Rider Number so that we know who is on the road.
- Please attach your Rider Numbers to your bike's handlebars so marshals can see it.
There will be four start times:
75 mile route will start at 08.00
50 mile route will start at 08.30
25 mile route will start at 09.00
16 mile route will start at 09.30.
- Please allow time to collect your rider number.
- All riders must be registered and away by 10.00 am so we can prepare the Finish!
- Don't ask friends or family to drive around the course following you in cars. Get them to go on ahead, before the start, and cheer you on at one of the stages en route.
- Make sure your bike is roadworthy, safe and serviceable.
- Remember to bring helmet/s, puncture kit, refreshments, appropriate clothing, your phone and anything else you may need.
During the ride, please remember:
- It is not a race - the aim is to enjoy the Ride and raise money for local charities.
- Be considerate of other Riders, particularly at the start when everyone is bunched together.
- If you have agreed to supervise a younger rider, they are entirely your responsibility. Don't ride off ahead and leave them, even if they are a little slower than you would prefer.
- Please abide by the Highway Code - you do not have priority over other road users.
- Obey all instructions given by the Police or Route Marshals.
- Ride in single file and do not try any dangerous passing. Keep to the nearside of the road.
- There are a few places where we'd like you to take extra care, for example crossing busy roads. You do not have any special right of way!
- Take great care approaching on descents and bends on narrower minor roads, there may be cars coming the other way. If you can't see 30-40 metres ahead of you then slow down and keep tight left.
- Keep your distance from the bike in front, do not go too fast downhill, signal if you intend to turn and do not stop suddenly.
- If your bike breaks down or if you want to pack up, stay with your bike by the side of the road until a Marshal arrives. Please don't go home without telling a Marshal or we could waste a lot of time looking for you.
- Refreshment points will be positioned around the course but you might want to bring some drinks with you, especially if it is a hot day. Still drinks are best and we strongly advise against drinking any alcohol before or during the Ride.
- The Marshal and Refreshment points will be well signposted on the day.
- Please do not drop litter or ride over grass verges.
When you arrive back at Castle Street
- Please aim to return to Castle Street by 14:30 and check in with Ride Control. They will present you with your well-deserved medal.
- Leave carefully and responsibly. If other riders are arriving - DO NOT CROSS their path.
- Don't forget the Charters Peugeot Farnham Town Centre races from 5pm-8:30pm. Farnham's historic town centre will be transformed into a cowbell-ringing adrenaline-packed racetrack. Not to be missed!
GO CAREFULLY, HAVE A SAFE AND ENJOYABLE DAY
All riders in the Farnham Charity Bike Ride & Sportive are deemed to have accepted the following conditions by entering the event.
- The participant takes part entirely at their own risk and are fully responsible for their actions whilst attending the event.
- The event organisers and their agents cannot accept any responsibility for personal accident, loss, or damage to cycles, equipment and personal effects or any public liability.
- The participant accepts that the event they are entering is not a race in any format.
- The participant, upon signing the registration form, agrees that they are physically and mentally capable of riding the distance they have chosen. If, during the event, they decide to change their route and distance, then all consequences of this action are theirs.
- Farnham Charity Bike Ride & Sportive reserves the right to shorten or alter the published route at anytime. Participants do not have the right to claim a refund if the route is shortened.
- The participant confirms that the cycle/bike they are riding for the event and all of their equipment is of a suitable standard and state of road worthiness.
- Event entry fees cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
- St Andrew's School and Farnham Round Table reserve the right to cancel the event, due to extreme weather conditions, and no refunds will be issued.
- The participant agrees to assign and grant the right and permission for Farnham Charity Bike Ride & Sportive to use and publish any photographs/film/video/electronic representations and/or sound recordings of the participant on the event. The participant hereby releases Farnham Charity Bike Ride & Sportive from any and all liability from such use and promotion. The participant specifically waives any right to any compensation they may have for appearing in any of the photographs/film/video/electronic representations and/or sound recordings of the participant at Farnham Charity Bike Ride & Sportive.